If you carry high loads, machinery, silage or are just seeking to maximise your cubic capacity, the Freighter Drop Deck Semi-Trailer is your answer.
The Freighter Drop Deck Semi is available as a single trailer, lead, tag, B-double or road train configuration.
Featuring Freighter’s short, extra strong gooseneck, the Drop Deck Semi can be specifically engineered to optimise pallet capacity and spacing on both upper and lower decks, depending on your freight requirements.
The Drop Deck Semi-Trailer can also be provided with optional pull out ramps to allow machinery to be driven between the lower and upper decks. Optional hydraulic ramps at the rear are a popular option, together with a beaver-tail rear end.
Driving between the lead and tag trailer can also be achieved through the use of Freighter’s “half moon decks” to create a complete drive-through combination. These and other optional features are shown below.
Freighter Design & Innovation Features
- Freighter trailers are specifically built to provide owners with leading edge logistical solutions that deliver low tare weight and high payload advantage
- The computer-aided design delivers a chassis with superior strength, performance and durability
- Painted with high quality two pack paint applied over grit blasted and primed steel, the Freighter trailer looks great and will retain its excellent appearance with regular maintenance
- A chequer-plate floor and quality wiring loom come as standard
- LED lights are also standard, providing long and reliable life and adapting automatically to varying voltages in truck power supplies
- Optional twist lock pedestals in the floor and behind the 5th wheel allow the carrying of a container above the tri-axle either as a 40ft container or two 20ft containers
- To further optimise payload capability, an optional aluminium flooring can help to reduce tare weight
- Freighter trailers come with a reassuring two year warranty
- All backed by Australia’s best national trailer dealer network
- Most of all, our customers tell us that a Freighter trailer “just tows better”
*Please note that some of the options below may not be available with this trailer.