The Australian Outback is a vast, harsh and unforgiving place where only the highest quality and most durable transport equipment will survive. It’s true that Freighter Outback is no ordinary trailer.
Freighter Outback is designed and built to withstand the worst that Australian roads can throw at it. For many years, operators who ply Australia’s vast network of country roads day in and day out have come to depend on Freighter to get them and their loads safely to their destination.
When Freighter engineers were designing the Outback, they understood that a new approach would have to be adhered to in order to meet their goal of outstanding reliability and durability. A no compromise approach was therefore adopted for Outback’s design which incorporates a number of unique features over and above a standard Freighter trailer.
The Outback is available in a range of Freighter models from semi trailer, to skel, T-Liner and drop deck models of all of the above. It is also available on custom designs and in your preferred specification. Speak to your dealer for further options.
Since 1946, Freighter has supplied specially designed heavy duty trailers to transport operators across Australia. We have taken these years of experience in design refinement, working with our customers and understanding their tough operating conditions and combined it to produce the Freighter Outback Series.
The Freighter Outback exemplifies the legendary Freighter durability. It is a heavy duty design that combines optimum strength with long life performance that ensures operational efficiency and increased profits, again and again.
Freighter Design & Innovation Features
- Frame designed for 100% off-road use (rating of 44 tonnes on semis)
- Features massive main-rails coupled with more cross-members that provide its core strength
- Heavy duty coaming rails that are 25% deeper than standard rails.
- Legendary Freighter VE50 heavy duty spring suspension designed specifically for outback road conditions
- Heavy duty tow coupling provides worry-free connection for road trains. (Optional)
- Reinforced floor
- Road train rated wiring
- Heavy duty tyre carrier
- Heavy duty toolbox
- The computer-aided design delivers a chassis with superior strength, performance and durability
- Freighter’s high quality two pack paint, applied over a grit blasted and primed base, ensures long lasting good looks
- LED lights are also standard, providing long and reliable life and adapting automatically to varying voltages in truck power supplies
- Freighter trailers come with a reassuring two year warranty
- All backed by Australia’s best national trailer dealer network
- Most of all, our customers tell us that a Freighter trailer “just tows better”
*Please note that some of the options below may not be available with this trailer.