The Retractable Skel offers operators outstanding versatility, maneuverability and ease of unloading, and is designed to provide a range of carrying options while ensuring legal axle loadings.
There are three main configurations which take the following container sizes:
- Retractable (9.3 – 12.2m) TL6 (one or two 20ft, or one 40ft container capacity)
- Tag Retractable (9.8m to 12.7m) to carry up to 40ft containers
- Tag Retractable (10.2m to 13.73m) to carry up to 45ft containers
Freighter Design & Innovation Features
- With 3 positions of operation, the Retractable skel offers the convenience of added flexibility to your fleet with carrying various sizes of containers with the one trailer.
- Fully Extended: To carry either 2x20ft containers or 1x40ft container (up to 26 tonnes payload with 20 tonnes gross on the tri-axle). At the rear, the container is supported by convenient fold-up pedestals and can be unloaded by reversing into a loading dock
- Semi-Extended: To carry a 23 tonne, 20ft container at 20 tonne gross on the tri-axle, with the container mid-way on the trailer
- Retracted: Used to unload a 20ft container at a loading dock. When extended the large overlap between the front and rear sections ensures adequate strength
- Its strong, fail safe air operated locking pins maximise load security
- When the locking pins are unlocked, safety flags are engaged to alert the driver
- Freighter trailers are specifically built to provide owners with leading edge logistical solutions that deliver low tare weight and high payload advantage
- The computer-aided design delivers a chassis with superior strength, performance and durability
- Freighter’s high quality two pack paint, applied over a grit blasted and primed base, ensures long lasting good looks
- LED lights are also standard, providing long and reliable life and adapting automatically to varying voltages in truck power supplies
- Freighter trailers come with a reassuring two year warranty
- All backed by Australia’s best national trailer dealer network
- Most of all, our customers tell us that a Freighter trailer “just tows better”
*Please note that some of the options below may not be available with this trailer.