Freighter’s Skel trailer comes with wide spaced main beams and low profile frames combined to deliver a lower centre of gravity and enhanced stability which aids in driver comfort and safety.
Available as either a standard skel or drop deck, the Skel can be configured as either a Single or Tag trailer.
In addition to featuring a folding pedestal at the rear, the 12.2m TL6 Skel can also be configured with a range of desirable options, such as folding pedestals (on a Drop Deck) and retractable rear ends for carrying 45ft and 48ft containers.
Listed below are the trailer configurations that will transport various container sizes:
- 6.7m TL2 (one 20ft container, 20 tonne, tandem)
- 9.4m TL2 (one 20ft container, 30 tonne, tri-axle)
- 12.2m TL2 (one 40ft container)
- 12.2m TL6 (one or two 20ft containers, or one 40ft)
- Logging Skel 12.2m
- 10.93m Tag TL2 B-Double (one 20ft container, tri-axle)
- Drop frame 11.62m TL2 (one 20ft container, tri-axle)
- Drop frame 12.2m TL6 (one or two 20ft containers, or one 40ft)
Freighter Design & Innovation Features
- The Skel trailer can include an optional set of twist-locks allowing the container position to be varied for flexibility
- Freighter trailers are specifically built to provide owners with leading edge logistical solutions that deliver low tare weight and high payload advantage
- The computer-aided design delivers a chassis with superior strength, performance and durability
- Freighter’s high quality two pack paint, applied over a grit blasted and primed base, ensures long lasting good looks
- With wide frames and a low centre of gravity adding to its durability, the Freighter Skel trailer is the original work horse
- Twist locks are “electro-plate yellow” to make container loading fast and accurate
- LED lights are also standard, providing long and reliable life and adapting automatically to varying voltages in truck power supplies
- Freighter trailers come with a reassuring two year warranty
- All backed by Australia’s best national trailer dealer network
- Most of all, our customers tell us that a Freighter trailer “just tows better”
*Please note that some of the options below may not be available with this trailer.